Create a quick Spring Mix Greens with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Lemon Vinaigrette in less than 15 minutes. You can have this prepared and served in less than 30 minutes!
Spring Mix Greens with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Lemon Vinaigrette
By June 27, 2013 Yield: 4 ServingsPublished:
Here is a gorgeous quick salad for any time of day!
- 1/4 Cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 loose handfuls of Mixed Baby Spring Greens
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 Handful Arugula
- 1 Handful finely sliced
- 2 Tsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Small Clove Leaf Minced
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tblsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp Dark Maple syrup Optional
- Put pumpkin seeds in a skillet and toast over medium heat. Move skillet and constantly stir seeds until they begin to pop and give off a nice aroma. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Wash greens thoroughly. Spin or pat dry. Tear greens into bite-sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Add all other salad ingredients..
- Put all ingredients from dressing except olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Taste and adjust for salt and tartness. Add toasted pumpkin seeds and dressing just before serving and toss well.
The post Spring Mix Greens with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Lemon Vinaigrette appeared first on Dr. Mark Hyman.