Though this recipe is for baking the fish, the crispiness comes from parmesan coating - it is healthy and delicious! You can use flounder, grouper, cod, white fish, perch, tilapia - all with great results. If your fish is not getting crispy try broiling it for a minute or so to get it crispy. Also, treat yourself to se freshly grated parmesan - it is well worth it!
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 16 ounces fish fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Bread crumbs in a bag
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Beat egg and milk in a shallow bowl and set aside. In a zipper bag combine breading ingredients.
2. One at a time dip fillets in egg, shake off excess and turn or shake in breading in bag.
3. Bake uncovered on an oiled baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Serve with lemon wedges as desired.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
Calories 192.8 Calories from Fat 44 Total Fat 4.9 g Saturated Fat 2.2 g Cholesterol 117.2 mg Sodium 382.8 mg Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g Dietary Fiber 0.2 g Sugars 0.1 g Protein 31.3 g